Frequently Asked Questions
SHOPPING AT HAMILTONWATCH.COM
- What is the Hamilton return policy?
We extended our return policy to thirty days.
- How I do return an order?
We offer easy returns. For more information, please visit "Returns & Exchanges"
- What if I need to cancel my Hamilton online order?
- My watch is defective, what do I do?
- How do I determine my wrist size?
- Can I get my Hamilton watch engraved?
MAINTAINING YOUR HAMILTON WATCH.
- Are there still replacement parts for my old Hamilton watch?
- Where can I have my Hamilton watch repaired?
- Why does Hamilton not send replacement parts directly to the customer?
- How long is the lifetime of a watch battery?
Battery life varies usually from two to five years depending on the type of the watch, its dimensions and the amount of energy required by the different functions. If your watch has a seconds hand and it begins to jump in four-second intervals, the battery of your Hamilton watch needs to be replaced. This is an end of life indicator.
We recommend that you take your watch to an authorized Hamilton Service Center or Hamilton retailer to have your watch battery replaced as they have the necessary tools and testing equipment to carry out the work to Hamilton’s high quality standards.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR HAMILTON WATCH.
- What is the difference between a watch with an automatic winding, manual winding and quartz movement?
A mechanical movement is a micromechanical high precision instrument that takes its energy from a mainspring which is placed in the movement barrel. This mainspring is charged either by an oscillating weight that winds the watch mainspring as you move (automatic) or by hand (manual winding).
If you do not wear your automatic / mechanical watch for a few days, it will stop working and will need to be reset.
Quartz movements take their energy from a battery and a synthetic quartz regulates them.
All Hamilton movements are produced according to the strict quality standards of the Swatch Group.
- What are the tolerances for the accuracy of Hamilton quartz watches?
- Where does Hamilton get its diamonds from?
All Hamilton diamonds are "Top Wesselton VSSI" quality. They are bought from legal sources that are not involved in financing conflicts and that comply with UN resolutions, as specified in the Precious Stone Certificate.
- Where is my nearest Hamilton retailer?
- Where can I find a GLOSSARY to explain various watch terms?
- How can I be sure I am buying a genuine Hamilton watch?
You can be sure you are buying a genuine Hamilton watch if you buy it from an authorized Hamilton retailer or a Hamilton online store. To see the full list of official distributors please visit our store locator.
Your watch will be delivered together with an international warranty, duly completed, stamped and signed by the official Hamilton dealer..
- Where can I get a Hamilton catalogue?